Job Summary - a concise overview of the job
The Technical Accounting Senior Analyst is a key role within Endo’s Finance organization whose responsibility is to ensure timely and accurate accounting treatment of significant, complex and non-routine transactions. The role will provide significant opportunity to work closely with many different departments (e.g., General Accounting, Business Development, Human Resources, Tax, Legal, Treasury, Finance, etc.) and will provide exposure to senior management. Endo is in the midst of significant change and this role will therefore be exposed to numerous new accounting transactions and encouraged to think critically to propose suggestions on the appropriate accounting treatment. I this role, the incumbent would be expected to continue to develop technical accounting knowledge and assist with researching guidance within U.S. GAAP.
All incumbents are responsible for following applicable Division & Company policies and procedures.
Scope of Authority - span of control (work unit, site, department, division, etc.), monetary value of budget/spend authority ( capital, operating, etc.), P&L responsibility, etc.
This role will have enterprise-wide responsibilities.
Key Accountabilities - key outcomes/deliverables, the major responsibilities, and % of time
% of Time
§ Effectively research accounting (under U.S. GAAP, IFRS, or other reporting frameworks) for new, complex, or unusual transactions, and be able to communicate/document the Company's accounting treatment for such transactions.
§ Assist in the performance of impairment testing of goodwill, intangibles and long-lived assets, including evaluation of potential impairment indicators and preparation of cash flow models to support recoverability or impairment.
§ Review contracts to determine and document proper accounting treatment.
§ Maintain and “own” excellent working relationships with various members of management from other departments, including General Accounting, Business Development, Human Resources, Tax, Legal, Treasury, and Finance).
§ Monitor and evaluate proposed changes in accounting standards and communicating potential impacts to key stakeholders.
§ Prepare and update accounting policies and internal controls documentation.
§ Assist with other ad hoc projects, such as performing research on peer companies, implementation of new accounting standards, etc.
§ Support Accounting Operations, Treasury, Tax and Financial Planning and Analysis functions by providing advice on the accounting treatment for a wide range of transaction types (e.g., revenue recognition, leases, and debt)
§ Interact with external auditors on a number of matters, including discussing proposed accounting for complex transactions.
§ Ensure that all internal control policies and procedures are followed.
§ Provide suggestions and support for process improvements/efficiencies.
Education & Experience
Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience and certifications required for the job
· Four year accounting degree from an accredited college or university.
· 6+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience, including a mix of public accounting and / or industry backgrounds.
· CPA certification.
· Previous experience in pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
Proficiency in a body of information required for the job
e.g. knowledge of FDA regulations, GMP/GLP/GCP, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, etc.
· Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, and other technical accounting requirements, trends and best practices.
· IFRS experience is a plus
· Financial systems knowledge (e.g. SAP, JD Edwards, OneStream/Hyperion) preferred, but not required.
· Cross functional team work experience.
Often referred to as “competencies”, leadership attributes, skills, abilities or behaviors that may be enterprise, functional or job specific e.g. coaching, negotiation, calibration, technical writing etc.
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Experience with being a business partner. Must be able to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
· Strong organizational and project management skills; demonstrate ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Able to operate at a detailed level without losing sight of the big picture.
· Action oriented; thrives in a dynamic environment; takes initiative to identify and resolve issues.
· Flexible/team player; comfortable changing directions mid-stream; understands the importance of achieving team objectives.
· Ability to adhere to critical deadlines.
Physical & mental requirements e.g. lift 40 pounds, walk across plant/warehouse, business travel (% of time), driving as part of work responsibilities, etc.
· Ability to work in an office environment (sit/stand).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required