What if you could spend more time with your patients, pursue education and growth and count on the support of a family of talented heathcare professionals? What if you could find it all in one of America's most beautiful locations? You can! Everything you're looking for is waiting at Longmont United Hospital in Longmont, Colorado.
Here you'll find that Planetree is a part of our culture and significantly influences our model of care. Our delivery of patient-centered care strives to educate and empower patients and families while humanizing and demystifying the health care experience. It's a philosophy that influences everything we do, from making architectural design decisions to providing ‘out of the box’ amenities and individual attention to patients and families.
If you're ready to put patients first and take your career to a higher level, you'll experience excellent benefits, stability and camaraderie in a supportive and stable environment.
*_Job Description/Job Posting ID: 121352_*
*_Recruiter Contact:_* Gwyn Williams, email@example.com
*_Clinic/Department:_** 7241 LUH CARDIOVASCULAR LAB *
*_Hospital:_** LONGMONT UNITED HOSPITAL *
*_Schedule:_* Part Time
Effectively assist physicians in performing a variety of highly specialized Cardiovascular procedures including, but not limited to, diagnostic and interventional catheterization, pacemaker/defibrillator implantation, intra-aortic balloon pump operation (IABP), and electrophysiology studies.
*_Minimum Education Requirements_*
* A graduate of a diploma, associate or baccalaureate academic program in health science and one year of full-time experience in invasive cardiovascular technology or graduate of a programmatically accredited program in invasive cardiovascular technology unless RCIS was achieved before said educational requirements became mandatory via CCI
*_Minimum Experience Requirements_*
* One year of Cardiac Catheterization Lab experience, preferred
* Special procedures experience, preferred
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
* Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or Registered Radiologic Technologist (RRT) with post primary certification of Cardiac-Interventional Radiography through The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
* Colorado Surgical Assistant License within 6 Months of Hire unless performing Surgical Assistant duties within the scope of another active Colorado license, certification, or registration (required for Colorado employed staff only)
* Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire or within 6 Months of Hire
*_Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )_*
* Effectively assist physicians in performing a variety of highly specialized Cardiovascular procedures including, but not limited to, diagnostic and interventional catheterization, pacemaker/defibrillator implantation, intra-aortic balloon pump operation (IABP), and electrophysiology studies. Acute MI function of Circulator*
* Evaluates and documents patient status and responds appropriately; intervenes/refers in a timely manner to ensure optimal patient outcomes.*
* Reflects clinical expertise, competence, and proficiency based on knowledge/skills and exceeds essential job responsibilities per department standards.*
* Reflects commitment to continued learning and sharing knowledge with patients and co-workers. Demonstrates “team player” characteristics. Is punctual, willing to assist others; participates in sub committees and initiates in-services.
* Participates in performance improvement activities to evaluate care outcomes driven by an underlying curiosity & desire to know more. Accepts accountability for use of evidence to monitor and improve care based on regulatory and practice standards.
* Effectively and safely uses equipment, time, personnel, and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care.
* Adapts to changing workload, patient needs, technologies, policies, regulation, census and staffing through priority setting and flexibility.*
* Maintains high skill level through participation in CQI, in services, ongoing education, and attendance at 80% of staff meetings.
* Ability to provide on-coverage outside of standard scheduled hours per department and/or facility policy.*
* Recognizes and promptly acts upon unusual results or patient response by informing primary health care team to ensure patient safety and foster optimal outcomes.*
* Must be able to deal with many different personality types, ages and levels of consciousness of patients.*
* Must be able to adjust approach based on patient/family level of understanding of test procedure.*
* Promptly trouble-shoots and corrects recording instrument malfunction or unusual patient problems that interfere with recordings.*
* Independently prioritizes clinical and administrative work and identifies process improvements.
* Process patient and department records ensuring documentations of performed tests in accordance with hospital standards.*
* Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
*Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014:* Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does _not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014_. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.