What if you could spend more time with your patients, pursue education and growth and count on the support of a family of talented heathcare professionals? What if you could find it all in one of America's most beautiful locations? You can! Everything you're looking for is waiting at Longmont United Hospital in Longmont, Colorado.
Here you'll find that Planetree is a part of our culture and significantly influences our model of care. Our delivery of patient-centered care strives to educate and empower patients and families while humanizing and demystifying the health care experience. It's a philosophy that influences everything we do, from making architectural design decisions to providing ‘out of the box’ amenities and individual attention to patients and families.
If you're ready to put patients first and take your career to a higher level, you'll experience excellent benefits, stability and camaraderie in a supportive and stable environment.
*_Job Description/Job Posting ID: 125844_*
*_Recruiter Contact:_ KatelinHazelwood@Centura.Org*
*_Clinic/Department:_** 7221 LUH EMERGENCY ROOM *
*_Hospital:_** LONGMONT UNITED HOSPITAL *
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
*_Minimum Education Requirements:_*
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required for new graduates, preferred for experienced RN's.
* BSN Preferred
*_Minimum Experience Requirements:_*
* One year experience preferred
* Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
* Current Colorado RN license/ Current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association required
* Additional certifications may be required (refer to facility addendum(s)
* Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
* ACLS upon hire
* TNCC upon Hire for experienced RN’s or within 6 months for RN’s new to ED or Critical Care
* PALS or ENPC Upon Hire for experienced RN’s or within 90 days for RN’s new to ED or Critical Care
* Minimum 1 yr. of RN Emergency Dept. experience required
*Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014:* Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does _not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014_. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.